First off, how the hell did that happen?! A blog nomination?! Come again?
My absolutely lovable and squishable friend, Kelly, nominated me for a One Lovely Blog Award for which I am honored (even though it isn’t a REAL AWARD. I wanted a naked man with a cupcake in his hands, standing on a microplane, all cast in bronze with my name on it.) But this means I have to reveal stuff about myself, and that might be dangerous…….
My Seven Facts
1. I live such a hectic life (at least in my own head) that I rarely find time for myself. I more or less raise five children (the downfalls of being a nanny) and seldom find myself at home with a spare moment. What I am getting at is, I tend to hide in the shower. Yes, IN THE SHOWER. When I was upset, I used to lie on the bathroom floor. When I need to be alone to think or to read without interruption or even blog, I find myself in the shower. There’s something calming and wonderful about a super hot shower and being able to be alone with ones thoughts while trying to think of something clever to blog about. Many ask me how I am able to bring such a vital piece of technology into the shower with me. Well kids, this is my secret :
ONLY LET THE WATER HIT YOUR BACK. DUH.
And no, I am not blogging from the shower right now.
2. If you know me well enough, you know of my Star Wars obsession. Not only is it an obsession, but I have turned it into a way of life. Daily I find myself in heated debates with one of the children about random SW’s related things (such as did Han REALLY shoot first?) not to mention every time my cell phone goes off, it’s the SW’s theme and the baby (now a toddler) decides to start humming it. It’s sickening in a good way.
3. My birth name is Amelia Louise (and I shun my mother for changing it!)
4. Mayo and all other white, gelatinous substances cause me anxiety. Fish/Aquariums do too!
5. Rilo Kiley and Tilly and the Wall are my OBSESSION. I’ve seen each band numerous times, to the point where both bands actually recognize me. My chest piece even has Tilly lyrics in it.
6. I participate in nearly every craft known to man. Crafty straight out of the womb, it was a natural thing for me to be a Jo-Ann Fabrics employee, cake decorator, and pre-school teacher. With so many hobbies in the crafting world, I get overwhelmed and go through dry spirts where I don’t create anything for awhile. Welcome to my drought.
7. When life get’s boring, I like to jazz it up with something drastic. Most recently, the hair dyeing.
Okay, so now that I’ve half assed it with the questions, it is now time to pass the torch on to the next few!
My Nominees (aka poor suckers) :
3. I Eat Trees
10. Get Sconed
13. MTB Vegan
14. Vegan Crunk
15. Happy Herbivore
If you wish to continue, these are the rules;
1. Make a post and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Award 15 great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won